Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nothing Special

I've got so many things either on their way or pre-ordered that I'm starting to lose track of things I paid for. Now I see why people include a section of "In the mail" on their collection lists. I might have to start doing this. I got a pre-order sooner than I thought. I got a package from Panic Records with four copies of the new Effort 7". I had previously posted about this release, as a tape that they had on tour. This is the official release i guess you could say of the demos for the new LP.

I ordered these as soon as they went up about a month ago so this has to be one of the quicker pre-orders I've placed. I have to say that these 7"s look boring. The artwork is cool and I actually like it by itself but paired with the vinyl cover, it's not interesting at all. Maybe if the cover had colors it would work out but it doesn't. As far as the music goes, I'm also a little disappointed. Compared to the first 7", the LP and From Our Mistakes, this is just not as good. The tracks have some cool parts but there is a definite difference in the material. Maybe it has to do with the like three new members? Either way its not as good. I picked up a few things from someone on eBay. First up is the Braindead LP.

This was a pretty good Philly band that never really got too recognized. This version is from their Spring tour last year, with a numbered cover. The LP is pretty good, well recorded and the layout is also very cool. I got this for pretty cheap, so nice score.

The main thing I wanted to pick up was this copy of Adult Crash, because DTN is on it. It's also a pretty cool zine, though apparently this person didn't want me to have it.

The last thing I picked up was another copy of the Trapped Under Ice LP, this being the Reaper Pre-Order color. I got all three of these for pretty cheap, which makes me happy about this package.

No comments: