Monday, March 15, 2010

Keep the Collections Going

I finally got something I was really looking forward to. Rich from Speedowax Records posted on the React! board that he was going to sell the Splitting Headache double 7" directly from himself, so that people like myself no longer needed to spend ridiculous prices for copies of the release. So I jumped on the opportunity to pick up two more copies that I didn't have that Rich was offering. When I sent him a private message on the board about getting them from him once I had some more money in the bank account, rich immediately wanted to help me continue my DTN collection and offered to give me every version that he could get that I didn't have. Of course I agreed and sent him the payment as soon as I could. After a little delay and getting all of the versions together to be sent, I finally got the package. What's better than getting 6 Down to Nothing records that you don't have in one package? Not much.

There are several versions of this release pretty much all identified by the stamps on the sleeves and labels. Pictured is the DTN rules stamp, Speedowax.com stamp, KruptKids stamp, Pre-order stamp, Mail Order stamp and the 2008 UK tour sleeve. The first four mentioned are all numbered and limited to 125 copies. The mail order is out of 25 and the tour press is out of 100. I've seen an earlier UK tour version, anyone know if this is the same thing? Or if there is anything people think I might be missing other than the obvious test then please let me know.

Next up I got another version of the Perspective 7". This is the Powered Pre-Order version. Seems that I'm getting a lot of Powered vinyl these days, especially with the Pre-Order stamp. Nothing too special about this, just happy to cross it off the list.

I got another Carrier 7" to add to the collection, this is the No Love Can Save me on Purple/Green split color, 300 copies. Pretty straight-forward, just haven't been able to get a copy of this til now.

No comments: