Monday, October 31, 2011

All Over the Spectrum of Hardcore and Metal


So also part of my pick ups from Willem I got a copy of the Pulling Teeth and Shin to Shin split on purple. I'm not sure how many of these there are but I'm guessing it's a pretty limited version.

So I ordered a copy of the Cold World and Sean Price collaboration 12". They put out a song together called How the Gods Chill. The White Glove Group put this one out like a true DJ release. The A side has the Dirty, Radio and Instrumental version of the song. The side B has the same Dirty, Radio and Instrumental versions but this time it's the Remix of the song. They made this artwork very unique, they took a hint from one of the latest crazes right now, 3D. The cover is printed with the special 3D outlines and they included 3D glasses in the sleeve for your viewing pleasure. Though it's not really something I would ever do, it's defiantly a cool thing to do to make the release stand out. This one on red is out of 300. This was the pre-order version I believe.

So there was an exclusive record for Record Store Day this year at Celebrated Summer in Baltimore, MD. It's this lovely Pulling Teeth gem. Tony from Celebrated Summer put out this special release of the Funerary single before the recent Funerary LP came out. Tony had these special screen printer covers printed. I believe this is out of 50 copies. I'm pretty sure I got the last one at the store that day. I was super bummed to not be able to pick up the special Mindset cover for RSD at the store, but that and this were the main things I wanted.

I ordered this European press of the Remission LP from Amendment Records. This was put out by Assault Records, and this version is out of 363.

This release I would say is better than the Amendment records version. The cover is awesome and the insert is great. The Amendment version is awesome, but this one is just more my style.

It's kind of hard to tell that this is purple, but when you hold it up to light it's pretty obvious.

Here we have a record that I've loved for a long time and is probably one of the best metalcore records of the past decade. This is Every Time I Die's Hot Damn! I'm not really knowledgeable about this pressing. This was originally put out by Ferret Records, now I'm not sure who handled the vinyl when it first came out, and I'm guessing this press was not from when it came out. This was put out by Suburban Home Records and is out of 700. I can't believe this band is still going and still putting out some decent material that is still very reminiscent of this record form almost 10 years ago.

I believe these are more records I picked up at Celebrated Summer on Record Store Day. I picked up a few things, this is Youth of Today's Can't Close My Eyes. This was the first time Revelation put it out as a 12", it was originally released by Positive Force as a 7" and then as a 12" from Schism. This press was released in 97 I believe. The black vinyl is the most common from the press, and I have no idea how many there were pressed, maybe 1,000 or so? Oh yeah, Revelation just repressed this again but used the original artwork, which came out much nicer.

So here was one of the best parts of the Celebrated Summer haul, this is another copy of Zao's Where Blood in Fire Bring Rest. It was pressed on Broken Circles about a year or so ago, maybe two. I saw it was a color I didn't have so I wanted to get it instantly. When I got home, I realized that the black color was the most rare, out of 100. I got this for a steal and it was the most rare version.

I picked up this copy of Rotting Out's This is Just a Life a little while ago on eBay. I really don't know anything about this one. This was originally pressed by World Won't Listen Records, but this version doesn't say anything about the label. That would lead me to think that the band made these, or it's a bootleg. I was able to find out via Hows Your Edge, that this is out of 100. That's all I know.

1 comment:

Across Your Face said...

damn I really want that How the Gods Chill on red. I have two on black but I wish I wasn't sleeping on the pre orders when it came out. Sean Price is one of the best rappers alive, it still blows me away that he did a calabo with Cold world.