Thursday, February 18, 2010

Great Offers are Hard to Pass Up

So I haven't been actively pursing the Swamp Thing 7", but when presented with an offer I haven't turned it down. A guy was trying to get rid of his copy on grey and said he wouldn't expect much for it, so I made a simple offer and just like that I have the rarest color, limited to 93. It's these situations that make me feel happy about finding things when you least expect it, easier than you thought you could.

The dude was also looking to get rid of some more stuff, so he sent me a list and I picked out two more things. Next was a 7" I was very happy to finally have a copy of, War Pigs - No Hope, No Faith, No Point. I've been meaning to get a copy of this ever since I first heard about this band, but I never got around to it. Bummer this band has called it quits, I thought they played a great combination of southern rock and hardcore.

Lastly I picked up the Steel Nation/Crucified Split that Double or Nothing had previously put out as a 7", but they decided to put out on tape along with some of their other releases for This Is Hardcore and Great American Hardcore fest I believe. These were pretty limited, mine's numbered 18/25.

No comments: