Thursday, November 19, 2009

Plenty of New Stuff

So I got several new things in the past 2 weeks or so. First up I got the pre-order for the Forfeit LP on Reaper.

I just picked up the pre-order color, and I'm happy I only picked up one copy of it because this LP disappoints me. I loved the 7" they put out on Reaper and this band has been very good live the few times I've seen them. So I had hopes for their LP release; they weren't met. It's just not at as emotional and raw as the 7". It's still a solid hardcore record, but it doesn't hold a candle to the 7". Props to Reaper for giving me so much with the pre-order. It came with that poster on the right in the picture, and a bunch of other little things. I also picked up the Trapped Under Ice Stay Cold 7" finally.

This is the third press on clear limited to probably like 1,000 or 2,000 or something. It took me a while to finally get this one. Solid 7" and very solid band, every release has been great.

Probably the thing I'm most stoked on getting is finally getting my hands on a copy of Uniform Choice's Screaming for a Change.

I believe this is the second press because of the green writing on the cover, but I'm not sure what it's limited to. If anyone knows please let me know. Also, because I think this album is that good I've got a link for you to download it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mwdey2xytid
I picked up the Mob Mentality demo tape at a show.

It's put out by Trash King Productions. I believe the band has members of Lion of Judah, Mindset and others that I cant think of right now. I'm not really into it, it's a little too slow for me, but when I saw them live it was pretty good. The tape looks awesome though. They also had the Disengage tape for sale, and I'm kicking myself for not getting it. Disengage is a straight edge band from Wilkes-Barre, PA featuring members of Title Fight and Bad Seed. It sounds decent.

Next Up I got two more Effort records to add to the collection. First is a copy of From Our Mistakes 7"

This I believe is the "snot" color, 2nd press limited to 50 copies, but I'm not totally sure. It looks pretty dope either way. I think Hellfish did an awesome job with this one.

Next up is the Record Release cover of the Wear Your Heart 7".

I was surprised how little I had to pay for this on eBay. It definitely was a great deal. This only makes the 2nd version of the 1st press that I have, so I've got plenty more to pick up.